Boomr has teamed up with FreshBooks to give our customers the option to track work hours for employees and clients that are matched from their online accounting software. With the click of a button, those hours can then be sent directly into FreshBooks time entry reports for client invoicing.
Below is a step by step guide to setting up the integration, as well as some helpful information about how Boomr and FreshBooks work together once connected.
1) Sign into your Boomr management dashboard and select "Integrations" from the drop down menu in the top right corner.
2) Go to the FreshBooks summary and click the "Connect" button to start the integration. If you are not currently signed in to your FreshBooks account, you will be prompted to sign in. If you do not have a FreshBooks account, you will need to set one up.
3) If you run multiple businesses with FreshBooks, you will be prompted to select which business you would like to connect to Boomr. Only one FreshBooks business can be connected to a Boomr account, so if you would like to connect multiple businesses, you'll need to create more than one account with Boomr.
4) The initial data sync will start automatically. All employees and clients from your FreshBooks account will be pulled into your Boomr account, including details such as email address, phone number and physical address.
5) Once this sync is complete, you will be redirected back to your management dashboard where a new tab named "FreshBooks" has been added to your main menu. Go to the FreshBooks tab, and click Settings to see the lists of employees and clients that have been pulled from FreshBooks. Start by matching employees to the correct employee name in Boomr. This ensures that hours tracked in Boomr are accurately matched to the correct employee in FreshBooks.
6) If an employee from your FreshBooks account has not been set up in Boomr and you would like to add them, simply select "Add This Employee". Leave the drop down set to "Ignore" for any employees that you do not want to set up in Boomr. Make sure to click the "Save" button in the bottom left-hand corner after you have finished matching and adding employees.
7) After employees have been added, go to the Clients tab and complete the same process for all clients that have been pulled in from FreshBooks. A Client is called a "Location" in Boomr, so you will be matching/adding clients as Locations.
You're all set!
8) Now, that you have integrated your Boomr account with FreshBooks and successfully matched your employees, you can run powerful timesheet reports for hours that have been tracked and approved in Boomr. To do this, click on the "FreshBooks" tab at the top of of the page. From here, click the Timesheets section of the left-hand menu to view your reports.
On the Timesheets page you can set a date range and then run reports. Click on a row to drill into that specific report to see hours that have been logged for specific Clients. Please note: Only hours that have been approved will show up in this report! Make sure your managers are continuing to approve shifts on the Manage Shifts page.
9) To send hours to FreshBooks, click the "Send to FreshBooks" button to the right of the timesheet report you would like to send. It may take about 30 seconds for the data to be sent to your FreshBooks dashboard, where they will show up as time entries on your Time Tracking page.
Once hours have been sent, those shifts can no longer be edited in Boomr. If you would like to send additional shifts that fall within a date range that has already been sent, simply create a new timesheet report for that date range and then "Send to FreshBooks". This will ensure that the new shifts also get added to your FreshBooks dashboard for client billing purposes.
To view hours that have been sent from Boomr to FreshBooks, click on the Time Tracking tab. All shifts sent from Boomr can be viewed in the Time Entries section at the bottom of the page.
All shifts that have been sent from Boomr will have a note attached that says "Work shift logged in Boomr". You can proceed with billing these hours to clients as you normally would in FreshBooks.
As always, if you need help setting up your integration, troubleshooting, or getting your Boomr account configured, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (877) 687-6228.