Boomr and QuickBooks Online have partnered to bring our customers a new full-service software integration. Now, all hours that are tracked using the Boomr mobile app can be seamlessly exported into the QuickBooks Online accounting, finance and payroll platform with the click of a button.
Below is a step by step guide to setting up the integration, as well as some helpful information for how Boomr and QuickBooks Online work together once connected.
Prior to setting up the integration, make sure that your QuickBooks account is set to the QuickBooks Online Plus plan. This particular plan is required by QuickBooks in order to integrate a third-party time tracking application (like Boomr). More information about QuickBooks Online and detailed plan comparisons can be found here.
1) Sign In to your Boomr account, click your name in the top right corner and select "Integrations" from the drop down menu.
2) Scroll down to the QuickBooks Online summary and click the "Connect to QuickBooks" button to start the integration. A new window will open and you will be prompted to sign in to your QuickBooks Online account. If you do not have a QuickBooks Online Plus account, you will need to set one up.
3) Give Boomr authorization to access your QuickBooks Online account. This will start the initial data sync and pull over important information, such as your company information and the names of employees and customers.
4) After your QuickBooks Online account has been successfully connected, you will be redirected back to the Boomr dashboard. From this point forward, you can manage this integration by clicking the "QuickBooks" tab found in the main menu. Select the "Settings" option on the left side of this screen. Here you will be able to match both Employees and Customers from your QuickBooks account to Boomr.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have a valid QuickBooks Online Plus account, you will be prompted to upgrade to this plan in order to complete the integration (this is a requirement by Intuit for all time-tracking apps).
5) From the Settings page you will find that a list of Employees and Customers has been pulled directly from your QuickBooks Online account. We have separated these into two separate tabs for your convenience. Starting on the Employees tab, match the employees from QuickBooks Online to the correct employee name in Boomr. This ensures that hours tracked in Boomr are sent to the correct employee in QuickBooks Online for time tracking and payroll processing.
6) If an employee from your QuickBooks Online account has not been set up in Boomr and you would like to add them, simply select "Add this employee". Leave the drop down set to "Ignore" for any employees that you do not want to set up in Boomr. Be sure to click the "Save" button in the bottom left corner after you have matched and added all employees.
7) Next, go to the Customers tab and match the customers from QuickBooks Online to the correct Location name in Boomr. This ensures that hours tracked in Boomr are sent to the correct customer in QuickBooks Online for billing and invoicing purposes. Again, click the "Save" button in the bottom left corner to confirm your changes.
You're all set!
Now, that you have integrated your Boomr account with QuickBooks Online, you can send hours that have been tracked and approved in Boomr directly to QuickBooks Online for payroll and billing purposes.
To do this, click the QuickBooks tab in the main menu and select "Timesheets" from the left side of the page. From here, you can create reports for any time period using the "Run Report" tool in the navigation bar.
You can also drill down into a report by clicking the row for that time period. This will give you a complete summary of hours tracked with Boomr for that time period, broken out by both Employees and individual Shifts.
PLEASE NOTE: Only hours that have been approved will show up in this report and be sent to QuickBooks Online! Make sure your managers are continuing to approve shifts as they normally would on the Manage Shifts page.
To send the hours for a given time period to QuickBooks Online, simply click the "Send to QuickBooks" link to the far right of the page for the period in question. That's it! The hours will then show up in your QuickBooks Online account. NOTE: It can take up to five minutes for shifts to be synced from Boomr to QuickBooks Online.
Have more hours been added and approved after you sent a report to QuickBooks Online? No worries, you can either create a new report OR resend an existing report anytime by clicking the "Resend to QuickBooks" link.
As always, if you need help setting up your integration, troubleshooting, or getting your Boomr account configured, please reach out to us at email@example.com or by calling (877) 687-6228.