Boomr and Xero have partnered to bring our customers a new full-service software integration. Now, all hours that are tracked using Boomr's mobile app can be seamlessly exported into Xero's powerful accounting, finance and payroll platform with the click of a button.
Below is a step by step guide to setting up the integration, as well as some helpful information about how Boomr and Xero work together once connected.
Let's get started!
1) Sign In to the management dashboard, click your name in the top right corner of the screen and select "Integrations" from the drop down menu.
2) Scroll down to the Xero summary and click the blue "Connect" button to start the integration. A new window will open and you will be prompted to Sign In to your Xero account. If you do not have a Xero account, you will need to set one up.
PLEASE NOTE: Currently Boomr only connects to Xero for US based companies.
3) In your Xero account, you will need to give Boomr authorization to access information from Xero. To do this, select the company you want to link from the drop down menu and then click the green "Authorize" button. This will start the initial data sync and pull over important information, such as your company information and the names of employees and work locations.
4) After your Xero account has been successfully connected, you will be redirected to the Boomr dashboard. From this point forward, you can manage this integration by clicking the "Xero" tab, which is now located in the main menu bar.
5) Click the "Settings" section on the left hand menu. Here you will find that a list of Employees and Work Locations has been pulled directly from your Xero account. We have separated these into two separate tabs for your convenience. Starting on the Employees tab, match the employees from Xero to the correct employee name in Boomr. This ensures that hours tracked in Boomr are sent to the correct employee in Xero for timesheets and payroll processing. Be sure to click the "Save" button in the bottom left corner when you are done matching employees.
6) If an employee from your Xero account has not been set up in Boomr and you would like to add them, simply select "Add this employee". Leave the drop down set to "Ignore" for any employees that you do not want to set up in Boomr. When you have finished matching and adding employees, click the blue "Save" button to the bottom left corner.
7) Next, go to the Work Locations tab and match the work locations from Xero to the correct Location name in Boomr. This allows for the locations in your Boomr account to match the locations you have set up in your Xero dashboard. Be sure to click the "Save" button in the bottom left corner again before exiting this screen.
You're all set!
Now, that you have integrated your Boomr account with Xero, you can send hours that have been tracked and approved in Boomr directly to Xero for payroll and billing purposes.
To do this, go to the Xero tab in the main menu and then select the "Timesheets" section on the left side of the page. From here, you can view the pay cycles that have pulled over from your Xero account (ex. Weekly, Bi-weekly, Monthly, etc.). You can also drill down into a specific pay cycle by clicking the table row for that time period. A pop up will appear showing you a summary of hours tracked with Boomr for that time period.
PLEASE NOTE: Only hours that have been approved will show up in this report and be sent to Xero! Make sure your managers are continuing to approve shifts as they normally would on the Manage Shifts page (shifts in BOLD have NOT yet been approved).
To send the hours for a given pay cycle to Xero, simply click the "Send to Xero" button to the far right of the page for the pay cycle in question. That's it! The hours will then show up in your Xero account, under the timesheets section. NOTE: It can take up to five minutes for hours to be synced from Boomr to Xero.
Have more hours been added and approved after you already sent hours to Xero? No worries, you can re-send hours for a pay cycle anytime by clicking the "Resend to Xero" link.
As always, if you need help setting up your integration, troubleshooting, or getting your Boomr account configured, please reach out to us at email@example.com or by calling (877) 687-6228.