Boomr and Xero have partnered to bring our customers a new full-service software integration. Now, all employee time that is tracked in Boomr can be synced directly to Xero for payroll.
At a high level, here is a flow chart showing how the integration works:
Below is a step by step guide to setting up the integration, as well as some helpful information about how Boomr and Xero work together once connected.
Let's get started!
1) Sign In to your Boomr management dashboard and select "Integrations" from the main menu at the top of the screen.
2) Go to the Xero listing and click the green "Connect" button to start the integration. A new window will open and you will be prompted to sign in to your Xero account. If you do not have a Xero account, you will need to set one up.
3) In your Xero account, you will need to give Boomr authorization to access your Xero account. To do this, click the "Allow access" button. This will start the initial data sync and pull over important information, such as your company pay cycles and employees.
4) After your Xero account has been successfully connected, you will be redirected to the Boomr dashboard. From this point forward, you can manage this integration from the "Integrations" tab at the top of the page by selecting "Xero" from the dropdown menu.
5) Click the "Settings" section on the left side menu. Here you will find that a list of Employees has been pulled directly from your Xero account. If you have previously been using Boomr, match the employees from Xero to the correct employee name in Boomr. This ensures that hours tracked in Boomr are sent to the correct employee in Xero for timesheets and payroll processing. Be sure to click the "Save Employees" button when you are done matching employees.
6) If an employee from your Xero account has not been set up in Boomr and you would like to add them, select "Add This Employee". Leave the drop down set to "Ignore" for any employees that you do not want to add to Boomr. When you have finished matching and adding employees, click the blue "Save Employees" button.
You're all set!
Now, that you have successfully connected the integration, you can send hours that have been tracked and approved in Boomr directly to Xero for payroll.
To do this, go to the "Integrations" tab in the main menu, click on "Xero" from the dropdown menu and then select the "Timesheets" option on the left side of the page. From here, you can view the pay cycles that have pulled over from your Xero account (ex. Weekly, Monthly, etc.)
PLEASE NOTE: Only shifts that have been approved will show up in this report and be sent to Xero! Make sure you and/or your managers are continuing to approve shifts as they normally would on the Manage Shifts page.
When looking at a Xero Timesheet, you will see all employees that are paid in that particular pay cycle. To send hours to Xero, click the "Send to Xero" button in the row you want to send. Each employee's timesheet will be sent individually. You can send a timesheet as many times as you need to (for example if additional work shifts were approved after it was previously sent) and we always show a time stamp of the last day/time you sent hours.
You can also use this report to create a new timesheet in Xero by clicking the "Create in Xero" button. Doing this automatically creates the timesheet in Xero for you to send hours to (a timesheet must exist in Xero for hours to sync).
All sent Timesheets will show up in your Xero account. To access these, click on the Payroll tab in the top menu and select "Timesheets" from the dropdown.
When viewing a timesheet in Xero, you'll see that the hours sent from Boomr are automatically broken out by regular, overtime and double time pay (if these Earnings Types are configured in your Xero account).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Q: After I connect the integration, what information is pulled into Boomr from my Xero account?
A: Once the integration is authorized, Boomr automatically pulls in all active employees from your Xero account. We also pull in the following data points for each employee: First and Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Pay Type and Pay Rate. Boomr also pulls in the pay calendars for all employees that you add/match from Xero.
If you need help setting up this integration or getting your Boomr account configured, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1-877-687-6228 (USA) or +44-20-3966-8797 (UK).